A problem of low sperm motility can be discussed in the right place at the right time. Though, men often avoid such topics as sexual life and sexual health even if they are appropriate for the situation. They do not want other people to think that they have some problems.
Moreover, they are afraid of ruining their image of a strong and masculine guy. They value their masculine pride very much.
Sperm Motility and Morphology
Sperm motility and sperm morphology are two of the most important characteristics of the spermatozoa cells. In general, sperm cells should be highly motile, and their morphology has an important influence on male fertility and reproductive health.
According to a good deal of scientific research, sperm motility and morphology have even greater importance on male fertility than sperm count and concentration which is a number of sperm cells in ejaculation.
Before we proceed, let’s take a closer look at these terms and find out what they mean.
What is Sperm Motility?
Sperms motility is a term that defines sperm ability to move during male orgasm from testicles through the reproductive tract and reach ovaries to fertilize an egg. This, of course, happens only when no physical pregnancy prevention method is employed – like condoms or vasectomy.
Sperms are cells that move quickly without external help. This suggests that they move on their own, which is crucial when trying to conceive. The man can usually release sperm near the cervical canal, at the ending of the female vaginal canal. This is required for vaginal sexual activity to lead to pregnancy. And then exactly with the help of motility, or ability to move, sperm cells will find its way up the vaginal canal and then to the cervix.
Sperm cells are conditioned to swim in such a manner that they can find their finish line: the ovulated egg. According to studies, sperm enter the Fallopian tubes about 5 to 10 minutes after sexual intercourse and orgasm.
When sperm motility becomes reduced, the chances of conception go down significantly.
One load of semen during ejaculation will include over 39 million cells in a person with a healthy reproduction system. Regrettably, not many of these cells are known to be in perfect condition. At least 40% of the sperm in one ejaculation sample has to be motile, or flowing, to be regarded healthy.
The proportion of motile sperm cells is commonly used to diagnose low sperm motility. The total motile sperm count, on the other hand, has been found to be a more important metric.
However, sperm motility is not always a good indicator of a successful reproductive outcome. For some men with infertility, a spermatozoa motility may be a factor in their failure to conceive. However, for many men who are trying to conceive a child, sperm motility may be high or above average, but their attempts to start their partner’s pregnancy still fail.
The truth is, although sperm motility is an important factor in overall male fertility and reproductive health, it is not the only element in the battle for successful pregnancy. Many other factors are also involved like sperm morphology, number of sperm cells in ejaculation, sperm volume, quality of intercourse, and so on.
What is Sperm Morphology?
Another important characteristic of sperm is sperm morphology. It describes the shape and size of the sperm cells. It is believed that more than 90% of male infertility is caused by sperm morphology abnormalities.
The form of human sperm, or how it appears under a magnification, is referred to as morphology. The shape of the sperm’s head is essential since it influences their potential to penetrate the egg’s exterior surfaces and fertilize it.
Sperm morphology parameters show what percentage of cells have typical size and shape. Because these sperm are perhaps the most probable to fertilize an egg, the proportion might help you determine how likely you are to impregnate your partner. Depending on the parameters used to evaluate the sperm, the values may vary.
Sperm morphology study is important for the diagnosis of infertility, and also helps to determine the cause of infertility. In addition, the study of sperm morphology and sperm motility helps in determining the cause of male reproduction diseases.
Please continue reading and find out more about sperm motility and morphology, causes of these problems and possible treatment options.
Low Sperm Motility
Sex drugs aimed at dealing with such issues as erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation appeared long ago and have gained popularity over the years. But men who are thinking about having children are usually more concerned about low sperm motility.
If sperm motility is not as high as it should be, there may be a problem with conceiving a baby.
It is good news that today there is a great variety of sperm motility supplements and medicine for sperm morphology designed to avoid such problems as Low Sperm Motility.
However, in order to properly inform a man of the risks associated with a low quality of sperm, the doctor needs to talk about the various factors and issues which can be present in a male. Further, he also needs to inform him about the tools of analysis available which can help a man in the further treatment of low sperm quality.
In order to choose a suitable medical treatment, it is necessary to get acquainted with the term oligospermia and find out which factors may lead to this reproductive health problem.
In my opinion, all these factors should be investigated as they represent different aspects of male reproductive health. For example, it is evident that sperm count is a key factor for successful conception and it is important for couples to get the semen quality as good as possible. A very poor sperm count could be harmful for both partners, especially if they are trying to conceive in a short period of time.
Causes of Low Sperm Motility and Morphology
There are different causes of low sperm motility and morphology in men. The exact cause may vary in each particular case. For example, genetic conditions may often cause low sperm motility in some men. On the other hand, other cases might be caused by medical issues or even the side effects of medications.
Lifestyle and environmental factors
However, lifestyle and environmental factors usually play the biggest role in sperm quality:
- According to a study conducted by the Section of Endocrinology of the Lahey Medical Center, Burlington, Massachusetts, smoking causes a significant drop in the number of spontaneous erections that happen during sleep.
- These erections are one of the telltale signs of good blood flow and healthy sex life. A decrease in their frequency or intensity is a sure sign that erectile dysfunction is close by.
- The study has also shown that refraining from smoking for as little as 24 hours brought about a dramatic increase in the quality of spontaneous erections. Smoking is also the root of many other problems, including lung cancer.
- The Department of Psychiatry from the University Medical School of Lubeck, Germany, published a study proving that heavy drinkers suffer more often from erectile dysfunction than occasional drinkers.
- Alcohol tends to induce a pleasant state of relaxation and is generally thought to have a positive effect on the libido.
- However, alcohol is a suppressant and has a major negative impact on the libido. It also makes it harder for men to achieve and maintain an erection.
- The Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, which is managed and operated by the University of California, has conducted its own study regarding the effects of smoking among teenagers. The study revealed that smoking has a disastrous impact on sperm motility.
- This means that teenagers who are heavy smokers are jeopardizing their chances to have children and also increasing the risk of having children who suffer from various genetic problems due to the damaged DNA received from the father or mother.
- The University of Berne, Switzerland, has backed this finding by unveiled the results of its own research.
- Statistical analysis conducted in Switzerland demonstrated significantly lower sperm quality in smokers compared with nonsmokers.
- Sperm concentration was also strongly affected.
Stop smoking for better sperm quality!
Although freedom of choice is important for every individual, there are some things that should be sacrificed for the sake of a
Furthermore, parents should start thinking about quitting smoking a few months or even years before they plan to conceive. For example, studies on heavy smokers – men who smoke at least 20 cigarettes per day or more for more than a year – show that the effects of smoking can be long-term and are unlikely to disappear in a few weeks or months.
For better effects of quitting smoking and drinking, you can further increase the quality of your sperm by taking certain supplements for sperm morphology.
Sperm Motility and Morphology Analysis
Some men have to undergo a sperm quality, motility and morphology analysis, the purpose of which is to obtain the information about the motility and the quality of sperm a man is able to generate.
The aim of such sperm analysis is to find out whether the man is unproductive or he can have children.
Every couple who can have children may face a problem of male infertility when there is something wrong with a man’s sperm. Assessing your risk of male infertility is not always straightforward, so please discuss it with your doctor. Sperm volume analysis is also used to check on the results of both vasectomies and reversed vasectomy operations.
Main tests in sperm analysis
There are 3 tests that are usually implemented during a sperm quality analysis. Among them are:
- Sperm count. The purpose is to count the quantity of sperm in a milliliter (ml) of semen.
- Sperm motility. This measures whether sperm cells have good forward movement. Motile density can be measured in a similar way.
- Sperm morphology. It discovers the percentage of sperm having a normal shape.
Preparations for sperm analysis
If you should have your sperm analyzed you’ll have to do the mandatory preparations in advance. This implies absolutely no sexual practice which will result in ejaculations for three to five days prior to the semen examination.
It will be a guaranty that the sperm sample will be of necessary volume and quality. Sperm quality analysis results will be accurate and complete after these preparations.
How to Increase Sperm Motility and Morphology?
If you would like to find out how to increase sperm motility and morphology naturally, how to improve the sperm quality, and how to make the sperm amount bigger, here are 3 major ways:
- It seems too easy to be true, but dehydration may cause serious problems for normal body functioning. A dehydrated human body cannot be a healthy body. And it will recoil on the sperm motility as well, and not for the better. The results will be awful for your sperm quality and morphology.
- A higher level of hydration means more sperm and, equally, low hydration will not let you have a big amount of sperm.
- How to improve sperm morphology? That is not a complex task. Drink about eight glasses of liquid daily. Thanks to it you will be able to produce the appropriate amount of sperm.
- There is another option to help you: medicine for low sperm motility. How to increase sperm motility by medicine? Pretty easy, too.
- Natural sperm pills are often an excellent choice in improving your sperm quality, motility and morphology.
- These pills often contain vitamins for sperm morphology and herbal supplements plus additionally a combination of certain amino acids that are important for keeping proper sperm morphology and motility.
- These sperm motility tablets also help you have stronger, rock solid erections by increasing blood circulation to your penis.
- Finally, try not to have large periods of abstinence (more than a week) before intercourse because they can cause inactive sperm.
Which Food Increase Sperm Motility and Morphology?
While various factors influence sperm motility and morphology, diet plays a crucial role in supporting optimal sperm health. Incorporating certain foods into your diet can enhance sperm motility and morphology, providing a natural and accessible improvement of reproductive health.
Here are some key foods that have been associated with positive effects on sperm health.
- Fish and Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Cold-water fatty fish, such as salmon, mackerel, and sardines, are excellent sources of omega-3 fatty acids. These essential fats are known to promote healthy sperm production and enhance motility. Omega-3 fatty acids can also help reduce inflammation, which may positively influence sperm morphology.
- Colorful Fruits and Vegetables: A diet rich in colorful fruits and vegetables provides an abundance of antioxidants, which help combat oxidative stress and protect sperm cells from damage.
- Nuts and Seeds: Nuts and seeds, such as almonds, walnuts, flaxseeds, and pumpkin seeds, are packed with nutrients like zinc, selenium, and omega-3 fatty acids. These nutrients have been linked to improved sperm motility, count, and morphology.
- Whole Grains: Opt for whole grains like brown rice, quinoa, and whole wheat bread over refined grains. Whole grains are rich in B vitamins, including folate, which is essential for healthy sperm production.
- Lean Protein Sources: Include lean protein sources such as poultry, eggs, and legumes in your diet. These foods contain high-quality protein and essential amino acids necessary for sperm development.
Sperm Motility Supplements
When sperm is generated in a male reproductive system, some of its components, including enzyme precursors, molecules called nucleotides, and enzymes called racemase, begin to combine in a way that leads to fluid movement. The sperm that enters the ejaculate is able to swim more easily, allowing the sperm to swim faster and get to their target. This is why sperm motility is one of the most important factors of sperm quality.
One of the ways to improve the quality of sperm is to increase its motility. This is not an easy thing, you might think. However, recently, with the help of sperm motility supplements, it got much faster and easier than ever before.
It is interesting to know the principles of how medicine for sperm motility works. First of all, these pills supply you with all the required elements.
It is naive to expect a good quality of sperm, increased motility, and perfect sperm morphology if you suffer from the lack of nutrition.
Nowadays a lot of men want to increase their sperm quality and quantity, as well as its fertility and motility. This is the main reason why a large range of sperm motility medications exists. All of them are developed in order to help men make their sperm more qualitative, more motile, more fertile, etc.
Getting more motile sperm, then, is important for maximizing the quality of sperm produced in your testes. Sperm motility is influenced by many factors, including body chemistry, which are difficult to predict. Sperm motility may also be influenced by environmental factors such as the quality of food, air, and water.
It is even affected by the blood flow to the penis and testicles!
It is often not possible to know the exact effect of medication on a man’s sperm until after he has started treatment. Only then can doctors begin to diagnose the condition and devise a treatment plan for it.
Best Medicine for Sperm Motility
The most important question you ask yourself when you decide to try sperm motility supplements is how to find the best product on the market. The best medicine for sperm motility should have only 100% natural ingredients that are absolutely safe to use.
The treatment should bring only positive result but some remedies can bring to negative consequences. If you don’t wish to care about them, you should buy only natural supplements to help sperm motility.
The best supplements for sperm will give the additional effect of making you ejaculate up to five times more along with enjoying wonderfully satisfying orgasms. Such supplements are not simple ejaculation enhancers, but they also make your orgasms more bright and pleasant.
Also, you will have better erections and have much more power. And your sexual partner will have more satisfaction, too.
By giving preference to clinically proven methods like sperm motility treatment drugs, you will improve your overall sexual health.
Thus, your sexual life will become amazingly satisfying and your body will also become healthier.
So you should really give this a shot. In any case, there is a lot of information about the benefits of supplements for semen quality and quality of ejaculate.
The best way to enjoy the greatest ejaculations, as they’re called in the medicine, is to combine the right supplements with the right physical sexual activity. If you still think you’re not getting what you want out of sex and supplements, take a second look at this article, which outlines the natural ways to improve sperm quality with the best supplements.
How to find the best sperm motility supplement?
How to find the best sperm motility supplement? You should regard different factors as you make your way to perfect results. There are a lot of products that claim to be effective but in reality, they are not so powerful therefore you must be very attentive before you buy these or those sperm pills.
If you decided to try these pills, make sure you always consult a reputable medical practitioner or your own doctor before using them. In case of emergency or when you are taking other prescription medications, do not use these products without consulting your doctor first.
So what is the best way to find medicine to increase sperm motility? Here is a guide that will help to make the right choice. Find the answers to the questions given below and answer will be evident.
Guide to choosing the best supplements for sperm motility
- Do the sperm motility tablets come with 100% organic components? Sperm motility supplements that are 100% certified organic will help men of all ages to have longer and harder ejaculations without any harmful negative effects.
- Make sure that the product has gone through clinical trials with satisfactory results. Only carefully designed products with a special formula, clinically tested and approved, recognized by experts will give those amazing results, increasing sperm quality, motility, and morphology.
- You can trust the sperm motility enhancer if the manufacturer offers a full money-back guarantee in case you are not fully satisfied with the product and reasonable time frame.
- Are the references for this supplement real? Find true references and medical endorsements that will make you sure in the effectiveness of this medicine for sperm motility.
- Is there any guidance and support available? Support should be available 24/7 via email, phone or a ticketing system. This gives the peace of mind you need so much: in case of any questions or problems, their professionally trained health specialists will be able to help you with advice about how to increase sperm motility and morphology naturally.
- What do reviews in independent forums testify about the use of this medicine for low sperm motility? This is a sure way to get an idea of a product’s effectiveness and quality. Such independent forums are the best places to get truthful information about sperm motility medication as opposed to websites that sell these sperm motility pills (you are sure to find only positive testimonials and reviews there).
Review and compare the best supplements for sperm motility
We created a sperm supplements forum for you to choose easier. Users having a great experience are always ready to help and answer any question. They are real people and they have a lot of stories about using sperm motility treatment drugs on their own.
In this forum, we provide men the opportunity and space to share and discuss their own experience (and not an advertised one) with the best sperm motility supplements, as well as to compare different products.
And if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask and you will receive a reply as soon as possible!
All men, especially single men seeking to start a family, looking to solve fertility issues, or simply looking for advice in various areas such as erectile dysfunctions, reproductive health, or sexual difficulties – they all can find help in this trustworthy forum!
Before you vote, please let us know what is wrong with this article
Dr. Jerry K is the founder and CEO of YourWebDoc.com, part of a team of more than 30 experts. Dr. Jerry K is not a medical doctor but holds a degree of Doctor of Psychology; he specializes in family medicine and sexual health products. During the last ten years Dr. Jerry K has authored a lot of health blogs and a number of books on nutrition and sexual health.
9 thoughts to “How to Increase Sperm Motility and Morphology Naturally? Best Dietary Supplements for Improved Sperm Motility in 2023”
Hey, one question, how does sperm motility affect fertility? Am I infertile if I have a low motility?
Hello, thank you for contacting us. Yes, sperm motility does affect fertility. Low sperm motility decreases your chances of getting your partner pregnant. However, low motility does not always mean you are infertile. You should consult your local GP and request a sperm analysis for more information.
pretty! This was a really wonderful post. Thank you for your provided information.
whoah this blog is great i love reading your posts. Keep up the great work! You know, lots of people are searching around for this information, you can help them greatly.
Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case, I’ll be subscribing to your RSS feed and I hope you write again very soon!
Your article definitely has all the information and facts I needed about sperm morphology. Thank you kindly!
Thanks for revealing your ideas about supplements for sperm motility!
I think this is among the most valuable articles about sperm health. Good job, cheers
My partner and I stumbled over here and thought I might check things out. Looking forward to looking into your web page again.