– According to a study conducted by the Section of Endocrinology of the Lahey Hitchcock Medical Center, Burlington, Massachusetts, smoking causes a significant drop in the number of spontaneous erections that happen during sleep.
-These erections are one of the telltale signs of a good blood flow and a healthy sex life. A decrease in their frequency or intensity is a sure sign that erectile dysfunction is close by. The study has also shown that refraining from smoking for as little as 24 hours brought about a dramatic increase in the quality of spontaneous erections. Smoking is also the root of many other problems, including lung cancer.
– The Department of Psychiatry from the University Medical School of Lubeck, Germany, published a study proving that heavy drinkers suffer more often from erectile dysfunction than occasional drinkers.
– Alcohol tends to induce a pleasant state of relaxation and is generally thought to have a positive effect on the libido. However, alcohol is a suppressant and has a major negative impact on the libido. It also makes it harder for men to achieve and maintain an erection.
– The Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, which is managed and operated by the University of California, has conducted its own study regarding the effects of smoking among teenagers. The study revealed that smoking has a disastrous impact on the sperm volume.
– This means that teenagers who are heavy smokers are jeopardizing their chances to have children and also increasing the risk of having children who suffer from various genetic problems due to the damaged DNA received form the father or mother.
– The University of Berne, Switzerland, has backed this finding by unveiled the results of its own research. Statistical analysis conducted in Switzerland demonstrated significantly lower sperm quality in smokers compared with nonsmokers. Sperm concentration was also strongly affected.